Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Weight Loss Update

There are some interesting things happening lately, now that I've lost enough to begin to notice.

My arms are smaller. My watchband has cinched two notches since the project started. My fingers seem longer.

Looking in the mirror, I have a neck again. I can see my chin and the outline of my jaw. My nose and ears seem larger. My face is less round. I wonder whether the skin under my chin will end up hanging, or if it will eventually tighten up. I wonder the same about my belly and chest.

My ankles are noticeably smaller. My socks don't make an indentation anymore. Even my toes seem longer.

The gut's still there, but I can tell there's a lot less of it. I can actually feel my ribs. I've dug out older, smaller clothes, and bought a cheap pair of jeans. The pants are 3 sizes down in the waist; technically I should be down 4, but I don't want to invest in new clothes for every reduction in size. I'll buy just enough to get by when I go down one more size, then make do with those until I get the last 2 (maybe 3) sizes.

I have to hold up the pants when I walk, and can't walk very far with both hands full or they might fall down. A new belt or cutting more holes in the current belt is overdue. Shirts aren't that big of a deal, because if a shirt's a little too big it doesn't matter all that much.

It's easier to put on my socks and shoes in the morning.

And perhaps most importantly, all my statistics are getting really good; blood pressure, cholesterol. glucose. etc., are all looking great.

And I feel pretty good too. I don't feel tired like I did before, don't seem to need as much sleep, and have at least an illusion of being a bit sharper at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home