Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Who Votes for These People?

When I watch different politicians speak on television, I often wonder how it's possible that some of them manage to get re-elected to office time and again? Some of these people in our national House and Senate are so obviously sleazy and disgusting in first (and ongoing) impressions that I find it extremely puzzling how they keep their seats.

I've tried to step back and analyze whether my distaste comes from my own political perspective, and I suppose that has to be a component. Because I'm hard pressed to identify a prominent Republican that fills me with revulsion when they appear in the media.

The most creepy politicians on my list are these:

Ted Kennedy. I don't wish him harm, and hope he recovers from his brain tumor. But knowing what he did at Chappaquidic and the over-the-top outrageous behavior he has exhibited over the years as a senator makes me cringe. I figure Massachusetts keep him around because they really are pretty far left there and he's JFK and RFK's brother.

Harry Reid. Could his party have appointed a more creepy, weaselly, obviously corrupt Vegas Democrat to be the Senate majority leader? Maybe, but it would be a close call.

Barney Frank. A gay prostitution ring run by his boyfriend, and he continues to hold his seat? He's a disgusting figure, and not just because he's openly gay.

Dick Durbin. This guy strikes me as the schoolyard bully, a natural by-product of the corrupt Chicago machine.

Russ Feingold. A chilling character that seemingly would be comfortable in the Third Reich.

Dennis Kucinich. The insane guy from Ohio who spends all his time trying to impeach Bush and runs for president every cycle with the weird belief he could actually become America's own communist dictator version of Hugo Chavez.

John Murtha. Another schoolyard bully that is transparently focused on his own power and is another Ohio guy who is unquestionably corrupt but still gets returned to congress by his district.

Barbara Boxer and Nancy Pelosi. I put them together because they're basically the same. Radical feminist Californians with way too much power given their frightening ignorance and vapidity.

There are several others, but the above list are the all-stars. It's funny how these folks are easily detestable, while the worst I could say about Republicans is that they're out of touch cowards. Because Republicans have an aversion to lowering themselves into the mud with their Democrat counterparts.

It seems to me that if Republicans could somehow find a bit of courage and actually practice the conservatism that the party used to believe in, it would be pretty easy for them to win back control of congress. But they've already capitulated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home